Pageviews past week

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Story - Chapter 4 - Exodus 14-15

Red Sea Reality
Perhaps today is a day you are standing firm; a day when you feel God’s presence and enjoy His bounty. Maybe today is one of those really good days when confidence fills you emotionally and spiritually, you are fit and ready to take on the world. Then it happens, that individual who knows just which buttons to push, the very words to utter, will deflate your mood like a pinprick pops a child’s balloon.

It isn’t necessary a catastrophic event, or major illness strike, it only takes one person in a foul mood to ruin the moment and quite possibly the day. I can remember a time when all someone had to do was behave poorly in traffic and my day would be ruined. One nasty action on the part of a complete stranger and my feelings would be hurt and I would find myself in the midst of an inner battle. The conversation in my head would not last long, but it would be enough to set the tone for the remainder of the day.

Exodus 14:13-14 (NIV)

“Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

As I began my personal journey out of captivity, as God parted the Red Sea of my existence and then allowed me to look back momentarily and witness my captor’s destruction, I changed. The meaning of life became new; I no longer relied on your behavior to dictate my day. A new confidence and courage welled up inside me and I truly began to believe that if you didn’t like me, that was your problem, not mine.

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14) The journey lasted a lifetime for the Israelites. The lessons learned took that lifetime to sink in. We all have a lifetime to draw near to God, but why wait for tomorrow, when we could have the LORD fighting for us now? I regret the wasted years spent wandering the desert; seeking man’s approval.

No more will my confidence come from your opinion of me. My strength is in the LORD, and I get a fresh dose of that strength every time I seek God, every time I sit at Jesus’ feet in silence, every time I remember the words: “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Read Exodus 14-15 here

Listen to Exodus 14-15 here

No comments: