Pageviews past week

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Story - Chapter 10 - 1 Samuel 12


God gave the people what they asked for, but that did not get them off the hook. He still expected them to worship Him as their God. In God’s eyes, the people did not need a king to rule them. In fact He warned what would happen, the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons…some to be commanders…others to plow his ground and reap his harvest…” (1 Samuel 8:10-12)

The people were stubborn and refused to listen to Samuel. So, God gave them what they wanted.

1 Samuel 12:14 (NIV) If you fear the LORD and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the LORD your God--good!
God wants to fulfill our wishes; He wants to do for us all the time. I know that there have been times I have asked God impatiently for things I wanted. I probably even asked over and over until God gave me what I begged for. You probably know what I am going to say next, “it wasn’t what I truly wanted, or it didn’t do for me what I insisted it would.” Had I only waited.

When I insist on my way, I am rejecting God’s way. When I want what I want when I want it, I am rejecting God and His perfect will and perfect timing.

Samuel continued to tell the people that God is on their side, He will not reject them if they turn to Him and not to worldly idols and false gods. But…you know the rest of the story.


Read 1 Samuel 12 here

Listen to 1 Samuel 12 here

No comments: