Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Made Alive in Christ!


(Ephesians 2:1-10)     

There are passages of scripture so grand and deep, so enthralling that we feel profoundly our inadequacy to write or speak them.  Ephesians 2:1-10 is one such scripture.

Paul eloquently sets out the mystery of salvation; that through God’s amazing grace and His riches in Jesus, frogs turn into princes, and “dead people walking” are hidden in Christ Jesus as first fruits of His resurrection.

I am sincerely glad I am not reading this passage as a Lecter. I would not be able to contain my awe and gratitude for my riches in Jesus while speaking Paul’s words of Ephesians chapter 2.

Poet Annie Johnson-Flint (1866-1932,)  found the words and said them for me.
His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 

No comments: