Pageviews past week

Monday, July 2, 2018

A Healthy Balance

The topic this week is Self-obsessed, not Self-aware

Self-Obsessed - preoccupied with one's own life and circumstances; thinking only about oneself.

Self-Aware - an individual who is tuned into their feelings, as well as to the behaviors and feelings of others.

Who would ever have dreamed a few years ago, how obsessed and how ridiculously attached we would become to our phones? I must admit, that even I, a 70-year-old woman, has a struggle with this.  It is interesting though, I use my phone to play games, troll around Facebook to see what family and friends are up to and even text a message now and then. But it can become a tool that feeds self-obsession.

I want to use a tool which promotes self-awareness. I found such a tool about 20 years ago when I first went through Renewal (Christ Renews His Parish), a Christian ministry which helps individuals mine their true self. This ministry was the first step for me into a realization that I was in desperate need of an attitude check and a heart change.

This event for me was the first time I let people into my life and my world. I learned over a six-month period that it wasn't all about me and that God had a wonderful plan for me. But, I still must review my attitude regularly. It's important that I begin my day right. That I turn to God for direction and encouragement. It is important that my focus is on Him and I pray that He helps me recognize when I am getting out of balance.


Psalm 6:1-9

No comments: