Pageviews past week

Monday, August 3, 2020

Greetings and Doxology

Today’s reading reminds us that Revelation is, first, a letter. It was inspired by God and written to churches in the 1st century. The letter is from John, who receives this divine vision, but the words shared are from Jesus. As you read this introduction, pay attention to how Jesus is described and what that means for the readers of this letter.

STUDY THE SCRIPTURE

Click here to access the reading from Revelation 1:1-8

For more help use this Bible Study method

REFLECTION

Heart and Hands
by Judy Webb
  
I heard someone once say that the book of Revelation is a love letter from Jesus. This was a powerful statement to hear, as I was dreading the study, I committed to undertake. I had glimpsed this book before and quickly closed it, as I felt too uneducated to read and understand. I think many of us feel this way. So, viewing it as a love letter, something very personal and filled with words of affection, I decided to jump right in.

1 Corinthians 1:26 says, “Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were first called. Not may of you were wise by human standards…”  Isn’t that the truth? When God called me to attend my first Bible study (Titus), I didn’t even know where to find this section in my Bible. That didn’t disqualify me from joining the group. One resource I’m using said that the prime requirement is a knowledge of the Word of God and the Witness of Jesus, or simply put, ‘The Bible in your hands and the Spirit in your heart’.

The word, revelation, means reveal or unveil. This book is unveiling great truths about Jesus. Like other books in the New Testament, Revelation is for me and you. The message in Revelation is for all Christians, not only for the first Century Christian. It contains truth for the church in all ages. Because we seem to make similar mistakes over and over, this Word of God is timeless. God is continually repeating the great truths of salvation; they are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:3) Also, reading the book of Revelation will provide a blessing. What a bonus.

Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. (Revelation 1:3)


UALC’S CAMPAIGN OF PRAYER - MONDAY

MEDICAL PERSONNEL: Pray for our doctors, nurses, and all medical professionals to have strength, wisdom, endurance and alertness.

No comments: